Total Student Loan Debt: $1.56 trillion
Total U.S. Borrowers With Student Loan Debt: 44.7 million
Average Student Loan Debt: $32,731
Average Student Loan Payment: $393
(Source: As of 3Q 2019, Federal Reserve & New York Federal Reserve)
How to solve this:
Step 1: Issue $1.5 trillion in 30 year treasury bonds at 1.75% (as 3/19)
Step 2: Refinance all debt at 2.5% over 29 years & delay current payments
- US government earns 0.75% spread = $11.250 B
- Students: no payments for one year (until 4/1/2021)
- Students: Avg Monthly Payment would decline: from $393 to $135
- Economic Benefits: Annual Payments decline from approximately
- $210 billion to $70 billion (this decline of $140 billion annually would continue to stimulate the economy for the next 30 years)
Vance Wealth, Inc. (“Vance Wealth”) is a registered investment advisor. Advisory services are only offered to clients or prospective clients where Vance Wealth and its representatives are properly licensed or exempt from licensure.
The views expressed in this commentary are subject to change based on market and other conditions. These documents may contain certain statements that may be deemed forward‐looking statements. Please note that any such statements are not guarantees of any future performance and actual results or developments may differ materially from those projected. Any projections, market outlooks, or estimates are based upon certain assumptions and should not be construed as indicative of actual events that will occur.